There are countless children’s books and poems that describe mice as cute and likeable. While a pet mouse in a cage might be, if you have them running amok around your home, that is a different story entirely. Here are some of the most critical dangers that can and should be averted with rodent control.
- Insulation damage- Mice and rats love coming indoors to have a safe place for their babies to be born. To create a nice nest for them, they’ll scurry around your home looking for soft materials. Insulation is a favorite, as they can collect it without coming out into the open where they could be seen.
- Clothing damage- Clothing is another material that works well for nests. Mice can also raid your supplies, such as extra toilet paper, paper towels, cotton balls, and more.
- Electrical damage- It is difficult to understand why a mouse would want to chew on a power cord or wiring inside the walls, but they often do. You could not only lose the ability to use an outlet or appliance, but end up with an electrical fire.
- Plumbing damage- Mice need water as well as food, and they aren’t always nice about how they obtain in. Chewing through an ice machine water line or other plumbing is possible.
- Food loss- Most food comes in packages that a mouse can easily overcome and will in order to feed itself and its offspring.
- Contamination- Everything that a mouse comes into contact with can be contaminated and result in the potential for health problems.
If you would like to prevent these potential dangers related to mice or rats in your Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina home, reach out to us at NC Pest Control. We offer effective rodent control services to overcome a rodent infestation and prevent one from happening. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and get answers to any questions that you might have.